Thursday, May 26, 2011

a year later.....

a year later and it is may and rainy ( warm!) but I am in a very different place in my life.....I marvel at how life changes, twists and curves and transformations occur. On the verge of taking a trip to Cuba which from a very young age has been a dream of mine, is consuming my thoughts lately. The packing, the research, the reading endless books and talking, talking and more talking about all the details and questions is obsolutely thrilling and terrifying all at the same time!

My life has always been mixed with many different little aspects of Puerto Rican, Cuban and American culture, and I see this as a beautiful mosaic that I am very grateful for. This experience of actually going to Cuba is not only fantastic in so many ways that you can continue to read on the official Cuba blog that my classmates and I have prepared, but it is also a stretch as a mother. I will miss my kids and the limited communication from Cuba to the U.S. is huge.....my heart will stretch a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment